If you’re planning a night of celebrating, here’s how you should prepare to ease the pain the next day-1- Drink Gatorade or coconut water. The experts also say to have a glass of water between drinks so you don’t get dehydrated. But Gatorade and coconut water are better because they hydrate you and replace electrolytes, which are nutrients you lose when you drink.
2- Take vitamins. Inflammation and the production of free radicals in your body also make you feel like crap. Antioxidants can help, so take a multivitamin, or drink acai or pomegranate juice.
3. Have a burger instead of a salad. The severity of a hangover is directly related to how you metabolize alcohol…and that depends on what you eat.
4. Stick with clear liquor. Vodka and gin have fewer toxins and impurities than dark spirits like whisky and rum.
If it’s TOO LATE to prevent a hangover, here are thing you SHOULD NOT DO if you end up with one-
- Don’t take Tylenol. Acetaminophen and alcohol are both processed in the the liver, mixing the 2 together forces your liver to work overtime
- Don’t drink orange juice. The acidity could make you feel worse.
- Don’t have more than one or two cups of coffee. It can dehydrate you even further
- Don’t drink more alcohol. It can make you feel better cause it dulls your senses….but, that’s a temporary fix and you’re just prolonging the agony.
Or, don’t get drunk ~ chrislukas