See the results of a huge news survey…
For years, public speaking has dominated the list of things people are most afraid of. You’d think clowns would rank highly these days thanks to “IT.” But both weren’t near the top of a recent survey of what people are most afraid of. In fact, clowns didn’t even break the top 10! According to the 9000 participants, the rank goes like this (and we’ve included the actual scientific name for the phobia so you can better explain it to your therapist):
1. Arachnophobia, fear of spiders.
2. Acrophobia, fear of heights.
3. Claustrophobia, fear of small spaces.
4. Thalassophobia, fear of deep water.
5. Necrophobia, fear of death.
6. Glossophobia, fear of public speaking.
7. Ophidiophobia, fear of snakes.
8. Tryanophobia, fear of needles.
9. Entomophobia, fear of insects.
10. Galeophobia, fear of sharks