As you know, Meghan Markle will marry Prince Harry on May 19th. Here are 12 things she won’t be able to do once she becomes a Duchess:1. Take selfies.
2. Sign autographs.
3. Use social media, she will use the family’s Kensington Royal account to share updates on her life and royal happenings.
4. Show public displays of affection. She’ll have to keep it to a minimum like holding hands.
5. Vote. She will get her U.K. citizenship, however the parliament claims that it is unconstitutional for the Monarch to vote and many Royal Family members don’t vote.
6. Have adult bridesmaids. According to a Royal expert is it unusual for a bride to have a bridesmaid or maid of honour over 30. Typically the wedding party includes children or pre-teenagers. However, this rule has been broken twice. Kate Middleton hand her sister, Pippa, in 2011 and the Queen had a group of bridesmaids roughly her age back in 1947.
7. Wear coloured nail polish. Royal Family members are prohibited from wearing dark and coloured nail polish. They have to stick to skin-tone shades.
8. Wear wedges. It’s not an official rule, but the Queen despises wedges and makes it very clear. Although, I think Kate likes them.
9. Eat at her own pace. Meghan can’t start eating until the Queen starts. When the Queen stops eating, everyone else must stop. Even if there is still food on the plate. Apparently, the Queen is a fast eater.
10. Sit with her legs crossed. It`s not an official rule but it`s frowned upon.
11. Have her own bed time. When she stays over at the Queen`s house, Meghan can`t go to bed until the Queen does.
12. Be the first to enter a room. There is a strict hierarchy for who can enter a room first. The order goes: Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Camilla, Prince William, Kate Middleton then Prince Harry and Meghan.
Thanks for the info STYLECASTER…I think I can follow these rules…where’s my Prince? ~ chrislukas