People were asked what foods they know how to make. And the 10 things that most people know how to make….. are NOT 5 star gourmet.
1. Scrambled eggs, 63% can make them. 37% can’t! They basically scramble themselves. If you don’t have a wooden spoon or spatula just shake the frying pan.
2. Hamburgers, 62% can make them. This I understand. Especially from scratch. If they’re store bought frozen…I don’t understand.
3. Grilled cheese, 58% can. Is this is joke?
4. Mashed potatoes, 58% can. I hate lumpy potatoes, so I believe this.
5. Rice, 56% can. Try the microwaveable kind. Hart to mess up.
6. Mac and cheese, only 54% can. Water is in the tap, directions on the box. Not that complicated.
7. Steak, 53% say they can. I’ll give the survey this one. It can be tough not to end up with a tough steak.
8. Pancakes or waffles, 53% can. Buy the mix in a box, fool proof. Oh, and get a waffle iron.
9. Omelettes, 52% can. Folding it over can be tricky. Last resort…just scramble all the ingredients together.
10. Tacos, 52% can. For the 48% who can’t head for the Taco Bell drive-thru.
No wonder so many of us dine out.
~ chris lukas