Top 10 Ten Tips for Living to be 100yrs Old
According to an aggregate poll of 100 seniors who are 100yrs old or older, these are their top 10 tips for reaching the same milestone…
Interestingly, some tips clash with others. Especially when it comes to diet and alcohol consumption.
The top 10 tips:
1. Ignore traditional advice about your diet and eat what you want. 29% said it was one of their secrets.
2. Eat healthy, 25%. (So, the opposite of the first one.)
3. Stay active, 22%.
4. Stay positive, 18%.
5. Drink alcohol REGULARLY, 16%. The best quote they found was from a 111-year-old guy who said that, “Putting a little bourbon in your morning coffee is like medicine.”
6. DON’T drink too much, and don’t smoke, 12%. One of the best quotes for that one was from a 106-year-old lady who said, “I never smoked, I never drank, I never cussed, I never lied, and I never chased cowboys.”
7. Maintain meaningful relationships, 10%.
8-10. Always try to get a good night’s sleep, Be nice to people, Have faith 9%.
And for some additional advice, here’s near centenarian , Betty White (who gave this advice when she was 90. She’s now 96.)