BLAKE SHELTON was the “big” winner at last night’s “CMT Music Awards”. He picked up two trophies for “I’ll Name the Dogs”. It won Video of the Year and Male Video of the Year.
He also performed on the roof of his Ole Red bar in Nashville.
CARRIE UNDERWOOD won Female Video of the Year for her collaboration with LUDACRIS on “The Champion”. It was her record-setting 18th CMT award.
KANE BROWN and LAUREN ALAINA won Collaborative Video of the Year for “What Ifs”. It was his first trophy.
CARLY PEARCE was in tears accepting the Breakthrough Video of the Year award for “Every Little Thing”. And she ended it perfectly, saying, “To the guy that broke my heart. Thank you.”
DIERKS BENTLEY performed in front of real flames while doing “Burning Man”. He was joined by his Mountain High Tour opening act, BROTHERS OSBORNE
This year’s big finish brought Darius Rucker, Jason Aldean, Charles Kelley and Luke Bryan together to perform “Straight to Hell”. It’s from Darius’s album, “When Was the Last Time”, and it’s classic country.
Here’s your complete list of last night’s winners . . .
• Video of the Year: “I’ll Name the Dogs”, Blake Shelton
• Male Video of the Year: “I’ll Name the Dogs”, Blake Shelton
• Female Video of the Year: “The Champion”, Carrie Underwood featuring Ludacris
• Group Video of the Year: “When Someone Stops Loving You”, Little Big Town
• Duo Video of the Year: “Tequila”, Dan + Shay
• CMT Performance of the Year: “Everybody” . . . Backstreet Boys and Florida Georgia Line, from “CMT Crossroads“.
• Collaborative Video of the Year: “What Ifs”, Kane Brown featuring Lauren Alaina
• Breakthrough Video of the Year: “Every Little Thing”, Carly Pearce